Should You Go For Home Warranty
When you go for purchasing or selling a house, you treat it as a commodity or a product. Naturally, if you are buying a house you will need guaranty and a warranty of your house, or if you are selling your house then the buyer would want a warranty.
What Is A Home Warranty?
A home warranty is an agreement with a company which agrees for the repairs of the house till the c contract lasts. The contract or deal is usually of one year but it can also vary from company to company and according to client’s requirement. The home warranty is usually provided by the seller but in some cases, the buyer can also purchase it.
Is Home Warranty The Same As Home Insurance?
One thing you need to make clear is that home warranty is not the same as home insurance. A home warranty usually covers minor fixtures of machinery such as A.C, furnace, generator, washing machine, kitchen unit, refrigerator and other appliance. While a home insurance covers the cost of the house in case of accidents such as fire, flood, strong winds or some other dangerous mishap.
Why Is Home Warranty Important?
When you are buying a used house or even a readymade house, you might want to fix a few things according to your own requirements. In a used house you will need to get all the machines and equipment checked check to see whether they are working well and will serve you for a long time or not. Once the deal of buying is mad then the seller will not be responsible for the repairs. In this case, home warranty comes handy which if you purchase from a company then you can easily call the home warranty company in case a problem arises or a machine stops working.
Benefits of Home Warranty
There are two benefits which you can reap after getting a home warranty, which will make your life easier.
- A home warranty is cost saving. When you purchase a new house, you are likely to face repairs which will be a hassle as you will need to call different repairmen for different appliance and electrical issues. This will also be heavy on the pocket. In a home warranty, you can pay one time or even yearly on installments and just need to call for any repair issues and the home warranty company will take care of it.
- The greatest benefit of a home warranty is the peace of mind as you will not have to worry about electrical and fixture issues every time something breaks down, plus it will also be easy in the pocket.
When Do You Need A Home Warranty?
A home warranty is hassle free and makes your life easier, but you should purchase it if you face one of the following issues below.
- If you are buying a new house
- If your house is 5 or more years older
- If your house needs a lot of repairs to be done
- You do not have time or patience to get the repairs done by yourself
- You do not have ample cash to spend on repairs